There are not enough superlatives to describe the beauty of Nepal. The snow capped mountains and the historical places in the country are picture perfect. Although, political instability has crippled the country in recent times, tourists can still expect a warm welcoming in the land of the brave Gurkhas. People of this region are friendly in nature and they believe in honest living. Hotels like the Soaltee Crowne Plaza Hotel and the Radisson Hotel can provide one with 5 star hotel experiences whereas the cash strapped tourists can take the cheaper route with the local ones. There are endless things to do in the country and visiting some of the top historical destinations in Nepal is certainly a good way to start one's perfect getaway.
There is no place that holds more historical value than the birth place of Gautama Siddhartha Buddha.
• The founder of Buddhism was born in Lumbini in 623 BC and there are several monasteries, temples and monuments which have been built in the area to commemorate the almighty one • There are Theravadin monasteries in the eastern part of Lumbini. Mahayana and Vajrayana monasteries are found in abundance in the western part.
• The Ashoka Pillar is one of the many attractions of this place; this pillar was erected by the great King Ashoka of the Indian Mauryan dynasty in the third century BC. He built the pillar to cement Lumbini's name in the history books as the birthplace of Gautama Buddha.
• Besides that, the Maya Devi temple on the historical site is also a marvel to look at for all the history enthusiasts looking for interesting artifacts and excavations to scrutinize at; there is also a museum which chronicles Buddha's life.
• There are various other tourist hubs also Places like Gajedi Taal, and Jagdishpur Reservoir will certainly help tourists replenish their energy levels.
The Kathmandu Valley is home to more historical infrastructures than anywhere else in Nepal. The valley itself is a UNESCO Word Heritage Site
• Bhaktapur, which is part of the valley, has the famous Bhaktapur Durbar Square. The intricate artwork designs on the palace are bound to take everyone by surprise.
• Some other places in the valley that are high on the historians' top list are the 55 Window Palace, Golden Gate, Lion's Gate, Pashupatinath Temple, Nyatapola Temple, and Bhairava Nath Temple etc.
• Nepal, which is a country dominated by Hindus, is not short on religious temples at all A quick glimpse of the Temple is bound to take anyone back to the yesteryears.
Krishna Mandir is located in the Kathmandu Valley and it is rightly labeled as the most important temple in Patan Durbar Sqaure.
• The carvings on the walls and pillars of the temple narrate various events of the Mahabharata. No stone has been left unturned in inscribing visual carvings from the Ramayana in the second floor of the temple. Built in the 16th Century, the shrines of several Hindu deities namely Krishna, Shiva and Lokeshwor are located in the temple.
The ancient city of Janakpur, located southeast of Kathmandu, is a place of high historical value. There are no shortages of religious temples and ponds in the place.
• Nepal's biggest temple, the Janaki Mandir, is located in Janakpur. The temple also holds the distinct honor of being Janakpur's oldest temple.
• There are various scared ponds to visit in Janakpur as well among them; the Ganga Sagar is known to be the most prominent.
For Internationals Travel
Turkish nationals need not fret over visa issues. They can get Visas of up to 90 days upon arrival at the capital, Kathmandu. A Nepalese citizen can also obtain a Turkey Visa from the nearest Turkey consulate in Nepal to explore many historical destinations in Turkey.
I am Jessica, freelancer and part time blogger. I love reading and writing blogs. Apart from this I like travelling around the world and share my travelling experience by means of my article. Currently I am doing a research work on Turkey Visa application which will assist you in visa services.